We are currently seeking Environmental, Health and Safety Manager for our client's Modesto, CA facility. This is an industrial environment, and the facility has approximately 130 employees.
This position will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the facility's environmental programs including:
- Maintain the Company's environmental plan, environmental programs and all environmental permits in a manner consistent with Federal, State and Company guidelines. Responsible for submitting all permits and maintaining all environmental files in manner consistent with Federal, State and Company guidelines
- Implement and administer all government required environmental programs,
- Includes interpretation of data and environment to ensure compliance.
- Confer with department supervisors, manufacturing representatives and regulatory agency staff to discuss problems, to develop tests to detect environmental problems, to design plans to monitor equipment and to ensure compliance with permits issued by environmental regulatory agencies. Maintain working knowledge of new technologies developed by the industry and government regulators.
- Monitor and record hazardous waste generation at the facility. Maintain hazardous waste manifests. Track waste disposal costs at the facility on a monthly basis.
- Submit annual reports to State regulatory agencies.
- Serves as the sites Industrial Hygiene Coordinator, which consists of implementation and maintenance of Industrial Hygiene Programs (e.g. Hazardous Communication, Hearing Conservation, etc.).Prepare and maintain the following Industrial Hygiene Programs (Hazardous Communication, Chemical Exposure Assessment, Hearing Conservation, Safe Quality Foods), including maintenance of Material Safety Data Sheets, Chemical inventory list, audiometric testing and facility wide sampling strategy
B.S. in Engineering, Safety & Environmental Health and other related degrees. Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Initiate and manage change
Ability to build employee teams and gain participation
Experience in an EH&S role within a paper mill environment is required.