Director of Innovation for Food and Beverage Ingredients
As the Director of Innovation, you will support a global approach to innovation, utilizing our extensive expertise to create a highly advanced and value added technical capability for the organization.
The Director of Innovation will provide the vision, technical direction and leadership to a dedicated team responsible for the design, development and maintenance of innovative and market-leading products, which will enable the client to increase market share within existing and new markets.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to :
· Create and deliver a global technical innovation strategy
· Work in collaboration with the commercial team, to drive business success through a suite of products that delivers to customer wants and creates needs through innovative solutions
· Horizon scanning through organization and industry research to identify a wide range of innovative technologies
· Accountable for developing and driving R&D across the Company’s portfolio for new product development
· Implement and maintain the overall project plan and monitor the progress of projects
· Coordination of synergies globally, driving change and innovative process improvement initiatives
· Working to support the team in evaluating, researching, planning and conducting experiments leading to the commercialization of innovative concepts
· Instigate and facilitate innovative thinking platforms which lead to the creation of novel ideas
· Lead a team of experts in the development of products and processes which are innovative, competitive, "designed for manufacture" and safe
· Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders
· Communicate the innovation value proposition for the marketing teams
· Lead and inspire the team, driving them to deliver their own successes, and supporting people to achieve their best whilst supporting their wider needs
· Develop the commercial acumen of the team, enabling focus on profitability and ROI in relation to all processes and product ranges
· Continually explore opportunities to modernize the laboratory working practices, utilizing technology led automation wherever possible, and initiating appropriate teams to deliver
What we’re looking for
If you have a genuine passion for what you do and want to work in an environment that celebrates progress, teamwork and dedication, you may be just what we are looking for. We want you to love your work and bring that energy to the job every day, no matter what the task.
The successful candidate will have a master's degree or PhD in a science-based discipline (preferably Chemistry) or someone who has a scientific background and/or relevant extensive equivalent technical experience. Relevant industry experience specifically in specialty chemicals / flavor and fragrance will be required, or experience in food or beverage industry is required.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in a similar role, or this will be considered the ‘next natural step’. A strategic thinker, you will have a good previous track record of developing strategies and turning them into successful business plans. You will be able to demonstrate excellent leadership skills, providing a supportive, results focused leadership, and delivering a cohesive and collaborative high performing team.
The right candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to manage your own workload as well as hit deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrating a strong business acumen to provide sound judgement, you will be a confident decision maker.
You will demonstrate excellent communication skills, with an ability to establish and maintain effective communication with peers and senior management. You will hold presentations, facilitate meetings and trainings, and create accurate reports as required.
A creative capacity will be essential in generating solutions to unique issues. You will be trustworthy, hold confidence and resilience when faced with challenging situations.
You will possess a desire to deliver a quality end user experience, and demonstrate experience of building relationships to earn trust, respect, credibility with productive interactions. The right candidate will possess excellent project management skills, with an ability to sponsor multiple projects, juggling different demands and ensuring focused delivery